A message from Mark Barlow, AppLearn’s CEO and Founder
COVID-19 is moving quickly and impacting individuals, families, communities and businesses everywhere. And yet, while this pandemic makes it a necessity for us to put distance between ourselves, I wanted to reach out about how we can come together.
Our main concern is, of course, the health implication to our employees, customers and suppliers. Our thoughts are with those already affected around the world, and the reaction of healthcare workers and unsung heroes on the front lines, are a genuine inspiration.
In line with government advice, we’ve moved to a working from home model. We have implemented several additional measures to ensure our services remain uninterrupted, which you can find more detail about below. First, however, I’d like to take a moment to discuss the Manchester worker bee.
Starting as a symbol of work ethic and inclusivity, the humble bee has come to represent not only the indomitable spirit our hometown is renowned for, but a special kind of unity. In times of crisis and tragedy, it’s a reminder that we are not alone and we will not be defeated.
As we move into the unprecedented over the coming weeks and months, our All For All company value has never been more important, and we’ll be channeling this spirit into everything we do.
While we all must adapt and change, our mission to bring certainty to enterprise software isn’t going anywhere. As such, we’re committed to finding new and innovative ways to help businesses support their people via software, even when they must work apart.
We’re currently exploring how we can make our technology freely available to help businesses bring more certainty into these unfamiliar times and have launched Adopt Remote as part of our Bee Productive initiative. If you have any other ideas about how we can help, please write to me at [email protected].
Whatever the future brings, the entire AppLearn team is with you and committed to your cause like never before. And if difficulties do arise, I’d encourage you to think of the worker bee and remember, you are not alone and you will not be defeated.
Founder & CEO, AppLearn
Company & service update
We are aware that with the increase in remote working related to COVID-19, Adopt and AppLearn’s service play a critical role in ensuring continuous productivity and efficiency. We have implemented several additional measures to ensure our services remain uninterrupted through this crisis and that your experience is positive.
All colleagues at AppLearn are following Government guidelines in their location. To this end, we are ensuring:
- Self-isolation is encouraged following Government advice
- We have moved to a remote working model and have the necessary tools to continue working as part of our standard working practice
- All unnecessary travel has been suspended
- Staff are regularly updated
Service continuity is built into our technology and we will ensure this is maintained by focusing on:
- Resilient infrastructure – we use highly reliable cloud-based infrastructure and deliver our content using redundant content delivery networks (CDNs)
- All system monitoring for our best-in-class SaaS platform can be conducted remotely
- Our product development can continue remotely following best practice Agile techniques
Recommended actions for AppLearn customers
At this time when HR departments are experiencing strain, AppLearn Adopt can be utilized to help your end users quickly navigate areas of the application that they may need to use for sickness and absence, working from home or parental leave processes that they require support with.
- Trails can be used to guide users through areas of the system that they may not have used before.
- Smart Pages can be used as communication aids to tell users about new policies
- Split Screen can provide in-app detailed information and guidance
- Minimize user time in-app and maximize positive user experiences by having robust information ready and deployed through Adopt
If you need any assistance in enabling additional features within Adopt please contact [email protected].
If you have any other queries or concerns about the impact of COVID-19 please email [email protected].